Looking for a easy updo for all your special holiday events this season? Look no further! This loose and low updo tutorial is very simple. It's messy yet sleek and can be achieved in an easy 6 steps!
1. Start with your hair in a ponytail
2. Quickly backcomb the ends using a brush
3. Secure ponytail into a loop
4. Grab the ends of the loop and wrap around elastic and pin
5. Use a few more bobby-pins to secure messy bun style into place
6. Spray with strong hold hairspray like @evohair helmut extra strong lacquer.
Give it a try and let us know how it goes!
Tutorial featuring creative director Alex Kool
Remember topsy tails!? I bet you never thought you'd do your hair like that again but we think you'll change your mind after watching this tutorial!
Seriously though, this is probably one of our easiest tutorials yet and it is so chic and simple! Bonus it might bring back some middle school memories ;)
1. Revive hair with Aveda Shampure Dry Shampoo.
2. Gather hair into a loose low ponytail with an elastic.
3. Use your fingers and separate the hair into two sections above the elastic to make an opening.
4. Tuck the ponytail up and pull it through the opening to create a ‘topsy tail’
5. For a looser look, pull the twisted sections out a bit.
6. Loop the ponytail into the topsy tail opening until it is all tucked away and secure with bobby pins.
7. Be sure to pin any other loose pieces and spray with Aveda Control Force hairspray.