A few weeks ago we showed you a back-to-school makeup tutorial, great for an everyday look. This week we bring you part 2 and show you how to take that look from day to night by adding a soft smokey eye!
If you've always wanted to try a smokey eye but were never quite sure how to pull it off, this is definitely a good basic tutorial for you to hone those smokey eye skills.
Perfect for a date night, special event, girls night out, or just when you're feeling fierce!
See tutorial and steps below...
Tutorial featuring Claire M.
Don't miss part 1 of this tutorial HERE
1. Using a black eye pencil, line both upper and lower lash line using quick, short strokes. We used Aveda petal essence eye definer in black orchid.
2. Next use a small shadow brush to blend and soften liner by gently brushing over it.
3. Then line the inner lash line of the bottom lashes with the black pencil.
4. Next using a small eyeshadow brush apply a black shadow to smudged liner and blend upwards. We used Aveda black tulip to from their petal essence eye colour trio.
5. Lastly use medium brown shadow like Aveda Aura shimmery taupe, to add depth to the crease.
6. If you have any loose shadow below your eye, use a large powder brush to lightly dust it off.
7. If you don't already have it on, finish with a black mascara.
All Aveda makeup products featured in this tutorial can be purchased in Salon!