Messy beach waves don't get easier than this! Plus these are perfect for when you're in a hurry -- all you need to do is flat iron over a basic 3 strand braid and spray in some salt spray and voila!
See the steps below
Video featuring creative director Alex K.
- Spray hair with heat protector
- Split hair into 2 sections, bring the hair forward so one section is on each side of the head (Note: If you have thicker hair make more sections)
- Using a basic 3 strand braid, braid each section until the end and secure with an elastic.
- Next, take your flat iron and starting from the top, press the flat iron over the braid, holding for a few seconds. You can go over the braid a few times to make sure the wave holds.
- Once you’ve gone over the braids, take out the elastics and undo the braids and voila, you should have a soft and subtle wave.
- If some spots need touch-ups or you want to add a bit more wave, take a few sections and add in some easy flat iron waves. You can do this by starting at the root of the section, gently clamping the flat iron on the hair and twisting your wrist towards your face while slowly sliding the flat iron down the hair shaft. Pivot your wrist the opposite direction (away from your face) as you continue to glide the iron down the length of the hair. Remember to keep moving! Think of this as a series of wrist pivots as you're slowly moving the tool down the length of the hair. (check out our full tutorial on these waves here!)
- Finish by spraying on some texturizing salt spray into the hair like Evo hair Salty dog sea salt spray.