Learn this cute braided headband hair style that works with long or short hair! If you can do a french braid or a dutch braid you can definitely achieve this style!
Featuring master stylist Alex Kool.
1. Clip hair all hair back from behind the ear (can clip more back if you have thicker hair)
2. Starting at your part take about an inch piece of hair and section into 3 to start your braid.
3. Start a simple 3 strand braid and then start pulling in new hair, crossing underneath the middle section to create a dutch braid.
4. Continue the dutch braid until just behind the ear and then switch to a regular braid a few more cross-overs.
5. Use a bobby pin to secure braid in place, just behind the ear.
6. Repeat steps 2-6 on the other side.
7. Next unclip hair and take a few sections starting at the crown of the head to back comb for some extra volume.
8. Lightly brush top layer of backcombing, so it is no longer visible.
9. Use a dry shampoo for extra texture and volume (we used Aveda shampure dry shampoo)
10. Finish with hairspray to hold style in place (we used Aveda air control.)