1. Take a small section of hair on the top of the head secure with elastic (tip: place the ponytail over the section to secure the elastic, this way you wont get the hair from underneath tangled in the elastic.)
2. Continue down; take another subsection secure with elastic.
3. Take the top ponytail, split it in 2, now take the last ponytail and clip it up out of the way.
4. Take another section, this time including your top ponytail, into your next section. Secure elastic.
5. Repeat the last step bring down ponytail #2 split in 2, take the last ponytail and clip it up out of the way.
6. Continue you this all the way until you run out of hair to bring back into a ponytail.
7. Now you want to start your fish tail.
8. Split the hair into 2 sections, starting from the left or right, take a small strand from the outside of your section, cross it UNDER to the other side. Repeat on opposite side.
9. Continue working all the way down until the you have no more hair to braid. Secure with elastic.
10. Now you want to start pulling apart your ponytailed sections. Work from the bottom upwards.
11. Now you can start to loosen your fishtail, again starting from the bottom lightly pulling the hair apart.
12. Finish with Aveda Witch Hazel Hairspray
Tutorial with master stylist Alex K.