1. Sprinkle in Aveda Hair potion to give the hair texture and hold
2. Separate hair into 5 sections
3. Hold 2 sections in the left and 2 on the right…leaving the middle section free
4. Pick a side to start, If you start on the left take the outside strand and cross OVER the next and then UNDER the middle.
5. Move to the right side and repeat. Cross OVER the next strand then UNDER the middle.
6. You want to continue this all the way down the hair.
7. Say it out loud if it helps…over under, over under, over under
8. Finish with a small elastic
9. To make the braid look fuller or more textured start pulling the sides from the top, closest to the head, working your way down to the elastic.
10. You can do a little or a lot depending on the look you are trying to create.
11. Finish with Control force hair spray for a strong hold.
Tutorial by master stylist Alex K.